Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

42 Days Until Christmas

Yeah, I know some of you will look at the title to this post and think, Bah Humbug.  Not that you have to necessarily be against Christmas or lack in holiday spirit to be turned off by daily countdowns that start more than a month before the big day!  I get it, and I have felt that way myself many years.  I guess  I'm a little excited this year because I actually got a jump start on my Christmas shopping, thanks to my computer and the ability to purchase gifts online.  Honestly, I loathe shopping in busy stores at Christmas time - and sadly, the hustle and bustle starts in November if you do your shopping on the weekends.  But thanks to one trip to the city (my DH drives, I'm not crazy about city driving and I'm directionally challenged!) and some online orders I'm close to being finished.  I'll finish up the rest at some local vendor sales so that I can support some of our wonderful local home businesses and get some fabulous stuff for people I love. :)

So, with a real feeling of accomplishment giving me a boost, I've started the dreaded task of getting a photo for our annual Christmas card.  Yikes.  Having a less than eager-to-participate four-year-old and a four-month old who cannot sit up on her own makes it a challenge.  My mother bought my girls beautiful Christmas dresses so I pulled them out, eager to get started.  My oldest DD informed me she would NOT be wearing her dress.  After some persuasion - I reminded her that she wanted to look pretty in the pictures, as we would be sending one to Santa so he'd be sure to know what she looks like this year, eliminating any chance he might forget about her - hey, sometimes a photographer mama has to play hardball!  Anyway, she relented and agreed to wear the dress, but informed me she would not be smiling.  Sigh.  True to her word, take one was not the easy successful shoot I was hoping for.  S'okay, I'm used to this - my overly photographed child is not a fan of the camera.  Instead of declaring defeat, I grabbed her happy, easy-going baby sister and had some photography fun.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment