Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hello Winter

I woke up to a few inches of snow on our doorstep.  Not really a welcome sight.  I love Spring, Summer, and Fall, but I'm just not a big fan of Winter.  I remember loving the snow when I was young (real young, back before I became a teenager and it was more important to look good than be warm).  But now that I don't spend much time out building snow forts and I don't ski or own a snowmobile, I'd much rather skip winter, or at the very least, the wet slushy, muddy weather that comes with it.  I would love to see a nice snowfall on Christmas Eve, a few flakes Christmas day, and gone by Boxing Day.  Ahh, but alas, I live in Nova Scotia.  That being said, we've gotten soft over the years.  I don't like driving when roads are slippery, but when it comes to snowfall, what we get now is nothing compared to back when I was a kid.  I remember snow as high as the school bus and every other commercial on tv was about snow plow safety and how important it was not to dig tunnels near plowed areas.  Anyway, it's not like I can make winter stay away, so I will just use it to get me into the holiday spirit.  I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping on Friday while on an outing with some great friends and then I look forward to listening to Christmas music and wrapping gifts.  And in the spirit of Christmas, here are a couple more pics from the other day.  Another one of my newest little one and one of both my girls with the oldest doing her best to stay true to her word not to smile.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment